Annual Garrett County Agriculture Fair begins this week
Tractor pulls, funnel cakes, arts & crafts. It’s that time of year again – the Garrett County Agriculture Fair starts on July 27th and runs through August 3rd. This highly anticipated summer tradition is a favorite among our Railey staff. From agriculture exhibits to evening concerts, this family fun event promises some classic county fair events along with a few others that are unique to Garrett County.
Dating back to 1917, the Garrett County Fair has been a long-standing tradition in our neck of the woods. Every year we look forward to heading down to the Fairgrounds, perusing the exhibits, sampling good eats, taking in a few events and socializing with old and new friends.
If you’re staying at one of our vacation rental homes in the Deep Creek area, be sure to head on over to the Fair. You can check out the Fair schedule online and tickets can be purchased at local retail stores. Here’s a rundown on some of our favorite events and shows:
- The Farm Queen & Court ceremony – the 68th Farm Queen will be crowned on July 28.
- Horse and tractor pulls – from the antique tractor pull to the horse pull, these events are a must see.
- Agriculture exhibits – watch and learn from 4H and Future Farmers of America.
- Horse Show – enjoy this amazing display of horsemanship sponsored by the Mt. Top Saddle Club.
- Home arts – from arts and crafts to photography and flower arranging, view a wide variety of amateur artists’ work.
- Mud Bog – experience some good clean fun where Street Legal, Super Stock, Modified and Super Modified swampers battle it out for best in class.
Food vendors serve up the usual fare, including hot dogs and funnels cakes. But try out a few of the more delectable dishes like pit beef sandwiches and taco salads. The evening concerts from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. promise fun musical entertainment for the whole family. Musical groups include The Fabulous Hubcaps, up and coming Country music singer Lindsey Erin and the Gospel Harmony Boys. The full concert schedule can be found on the Garrett County Agriculture Fair website.
If you need more information, or would like to book Deep Creek accommodations, feel free to give us a call at (877) 851-9416.