The first snow of the season at Deep Creek Lake fell last weekend, burying many a pumpkin and giving us small taste of winter which many have referred to affectionately as “Snowtober”. The snow won’t stay around long, as high temperatures are forecast to be in the 40’s and 50’s for the next 10 days.
If you’re looking to get away to Deep Creek Lake for Thanksgiving, be sure to book as soon as possible for best availability! Looking to spend more time with family and less with a frozen bird? Wisp Resort is offering a Thanksgiving dinner that can either be picked up or delivered! (Click here for more information on Wisp Resort’s Website) The package includes:
1-22lb. Roasted Turkey 2-qt. Traditional Stuffing 1-qt. Giblet Gravy 2-qt. Mashed Potatoes 1-qt. Green Beans Casserole 1-pt. Cranberry Sauce 1-qt. Baked Sweet Potatoes w/ Marshmallows 1- Bowl of Salad (serves 10pp) Dinner Rolls w/ Butter 2- 10” Pumpkin Pies
The package serves 10-15 people and costs $185 plus tax (and $25 for delivery within 10 miles of Wisp, if desired). Additional sides can be ordered separately.
- A Discounted 2 night stay at participating homes
- A $25 coupon towards a Wine Pairing Dinner at a participating restaurant Friday evening
- One entry ticket to the Deep Creek Lake Art & Wine Festival, commemorative wine glass, wine tastings, entertainment and activities on Saturday
Please call 1-866-966-5952 for more information or to book this special package. Savage Man Triathlon – September 17th-18th Calling itself the “World’s Most Savage Triathlon”, this event features a 1.2 mile swim, 55.7 mile bike segment and a 13.1 mile run which test the endurance limits of even the most seasoned triathletes. Spectators are invited to cheer on the triathletes climbing the Westernport Wall at the “Westernport Wall Block Party”. The Westernport Wall is a hill climb so extreme that car traffic is prohibited on the steepest section. A shuttle bus will run on Sunday, the 18th taking spectators from Deep Creek Lake State Park to Westernport. Remember to bring noisemakers, bells and a loud voice to cheer the riders on! Click Here for more information. 44th Annual Autumn Glory Festival – October 12-16th Mark your calendars and plan to attend what MSN.com called the #1 Fall Festival in the World. Popular events include parades, craft shows, entertainment in downtown Oakland and much more. The Grand Feature Parade is Saturday the 15th.
To get started, simply:
– Go to DeepCreek.com and click on “Share Your Vacation Experience”.
– Fill in your Account Information.
– Give your vacation a name, and select the home you stayed in, if applicable.
– Fill out the story field with a short description of your vacation activities.
– Click the “Your Vacation Images” tab, select a photo, and click upload. Click “Add another item” for as many photos as you have to upload.
– Click the “Your Vacation Videos” tab, and paste in a video link from YouTube or Vimeo.
– Go to the bottom of the page, and click “Save”.
(Your vacation images and videos will be visible in the gallery after moderation.)
If you’re headed to Deep Creek Lake this weekend and you’ve been looking for an opportunity to go whitewater rafting, the Adventure Sports Center International is offering a great deal to mark opening day. For $25 per person on May 14-15th, you can experience the thrills of rafting on a world-class whitewater course.