Besides the “I Love DCL” bumper stickers and ceramic bear figurines, the best souvenir to take home from your Deep Creek Lake vacation is a treasured photo album of scenic vistas and smiling faces. To help in this endeavor, we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Places to Take a Selfie at Deep Creek Lake.
- The Sandy Beach at Deep Creek Lake – Sunny skies, sandy beaches, and calm blue waters converge at Deep Creek Lake State Park! Snap some pics frolicking along the beachfront or taking a leisurely hike through the park’s forested trails.
- Boatside –Whether riding a pontoon or a speedboat- or even a canoe or kayak- nothing communicates the action and adventure of a Deep Creek Lake vacation than a wind-in-your-hair, pedal-to-the-metal boatside photo session!
- The Lawn at the Honi Honi – Colossal lawn props grace the grassy lakefront lawn of the Honi Honi Bar behind Uno’s Bar and Grill. Load the kids up on the giant beach chairs and giant elephant for lots of silly fun!
- Swallow Falls State Park-Strike a pose! Maryland’s largest freefalling waterfall is the perfect place to gather together with family and friends for a photoshoot next to roaring rapids and towering trees.
- Scenic Chair Ride at Wisp Resort-When the ski slopes are closed, pay a visit to the Wisp Resort to take a spin on their scenic chair lift, taking flight over the mountain. This is the way to go for mountain and lake views!
- Seflie Sign at Railey Mountain Lake Vacations- Celebrate a great beginning with a commemorate photo! RMLV has a built-in selfie sign right outside the building for a shot of the whole crew!
- Dockside- Take advantage of the lakefront and dock at your vacation home! Whether cannonballing from the dock or fishing with the kids, the smiles will be natural and the photos great!