A great place for kids! Where can kids go to learn, touch, feel, and have fun all at the same time? The Discovery Center at Deep Creek Lake State Park!
Welcome to a new year! Let 2018 be a year of change and betterment– four whole seasons of great new experiences, bold adventures, and fond memories. But here’s the catch: your resolutions don’t just happen! You have to work on them, and that’s where Deep Creek comes into the mix: we’re here to help!
Swallow Falls State Park is one of Deep Creek’s top destinations for visitors and locals, alike- and for good reason. This four-season destination is a hit for those looking to spend some time in the great outdoors. Boasting Maryland’s highest free-falling waterfall, as well as a series of smaller waterfalls and charming banks along the Youghiogheny River, Swallow Falls State Park is the perfect place for hiking, biking, picnicking, and more. And did you know that Railey Mountain Lake Vacations has four charming cabins- with rustic sensibilities but modern upgrades- within walking distance to Swallow Falls?
If you’re one of those people who love outdoor adventure, exploration or perhaps just regular old exercise, Deep Creek Lake has lots to offer this fall. We asked around the office for everyone’s favorite autumn activity and put together a list of the Top 10 Things to Do in Deep Creek this Fall.
1.Take a hike at Swallow Falls State Park to the spectacular 53-foot Muddy Creek Falls.
2. Mountain bike through natural rugged terrain in cool temperatures – from cross-country to downhill, there’s something for everyone.
3. Go whitewater rafting with experienced ASCI guides through moderate courses or high adventure rapids.
4. Play golf on one of the 4 golf courses in the Deep Creek area. Wisp Resort’s two 18-hole courses (Wisp Resort Course and Lodestone), the 18-hole championship Oakland Golf course and the 9-hole Thousand Acres course.
5. Rent a boat and rip around the lake.
7. Play at the Wisp Adventure Park. The Mountain Coaster is a “must do” for thrill seekers.
8. Take your best friend fishing for a day of conversation and bonding.
9. Challenge yourself on a rock climbing adventure among natural rock faces. ASCI offers guided climbs and rappelling at Fork Run’s “Ledges and Boulders.”
10. Venture out on the country roads to experience the barn quilt tour of Garrett County to see the quaint old barns, beautiful quilt designs, and scenic mountain countryside.
At the end of the day, you’ll be content to sit around the fire at your vacation rental home, sharing stories from your day with family and friends.