Check out Wisp Resort, Maryland’s only 4 season adventure destination. Wisp Resort offers a variety of outdoor adventure activities for every season of the year. Railey Mountain Lake Vacations offers a variety of homes located on and around Wisp Mountain so you can be right in the middle of all of the Mountain fun!
Fun Facts about Wisp:
- Wisp is Maryland’s only ski resort
- Wisp resort boasts over 100” inches of annual snowfall
- There are 172 acres of skiable terrain at Wisp
- The Lodestone Golf course has been rated the #2 Public Golf Courses in Maryland for 3 years in a row!
- The Fantasy Valley Golf Course has been ranked as one of the “100 Must Play Golf Courses of the Mid-Atlantic” by Golfstyle ‘s Magazine.
New for 2015:
- Sundown Yurt Village composed of 8 50’ yurts. 3 are used for the Adult Learning Center for ski and snowboarding, 2 are designated as the Wisp Kids Learning Program, 2 are used for the Sundown Café, and one is used for the Nordic center for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, retail, ski patrol, and restrooms.
- Burrito Cantina located at the base of Chair Lift #1 serves fresh, hot burritos, slope-side style!
- Rookie Year Pass- For Just $129, first time skiers and snowboarders complete 5 learn to ski or snowboard lessons then receive an Off-Peak Season pass valid for the ’14-’15 winter season.
- 3 new beginner lifts, and beginner ski area located just outside of the Yurt Village makes learning how to ski or snowboard a breeze. The combination of the new conveyor-style beginner lifts and the gently sloping terrain is ideal for anyone who wants to try out these exciting winter sports.
Spring, Summer, and Fall activities:
- Canopy Tours
- 2 award winning Golf Courses
- Mountain Coaster
- Rock Climbing and Rappelling
- Mountain Biking
- Whitewater Rafting
- Pontoon Boat Tours
- Laser Games
- Segway Tours
- Disc Golf
- Scenic Chairlift rides
- Guided Hikes
- Snow Tubing
- Ice Skating
- Cross Country Skiing
- Telemark Skiing
- Mountain Coaster
- Ski and Snowboard Lessons for all ages
- Adaptive Education Programs available
Wisp Kids- A newly re-vamped program designed for children ages 3-14 to learn or enhance their ability to ski or snowboard, build confidence, and make new friends! Full and Half day sessions are available. This program includes lift ticket, rental equipment including helmet, group instruction, and snack. Full day sessions also include lunch.
Wisp Resort offers a variety of on-site restaurants for your convenience. Whether you are looking for a romantic, intimate dining experience, a round of drinks and wings at Happy Hour with friends, or just want to grab a quick bite and get back to the mountain action, Wisp has a restaurant for every appetite.
- Dc’s Bar and Restaurant
- Wispers Mountain Side Bar
- The Pumphouse Café
- Mountain Park Café
- Food Court
- Burrito Cantina