Garrett County Gran Fondo Bike Ride 2019
Garrett County and the Deep Creek Lake area boast some of the finest and most challenging cycling in North America, and the Garrett County Gran Fondo has established itself as a premier North American Gran Fondo unsurpassed in challenge, scenery, and riding quality.
With seven Timed KOM Climbs covering 16.2 miles and 5700′ of elevation gain, the Garrett County Gran Fondo is the King of all Climbing Gran Fondos. No other Gran Fondo has more timed climbing! Read up on the specs of the Timed KOM Climbs and Other Major Climbs at the Garrett County Gran Fondo, and bring your climbing legs!
The Garrett County Gran Fondo has a ride for everyone from the recreational cyclist to seasoned professionals with five supported ride options. With the exception of the “Garrett’s Greatest 25”, all Garrett County Gran Fondo routes are extremely challenging, very steep climbing affairs and riders should plan accordingly. Some hills peak out at over 20% pitch and have extended stretches well into the teens. It is highly recommended that you gear your bike appropriately for the severe climbing.
- The “Diabolical Double” – the feature event of the Garrett County Gran Fondo, the Diabolical Double is a true, extreme epic on par with European climbing classics such as Etape du Tour, la Marmotte, and the classic Italian Gran Fondos. At 200K (124.6 miles) and over 16,800 feet of climbing, the Diabolical Double is an extreme challenge for even the most fit rider. Virtually all who have completed the Diabolical Double have considered it the hardest single day ride they have ever experienced.
- The “Savage Century” – the Savage Century is an extremely challenging century ride, and with 100.4 miles and over 12,700 feet of climbing likely the hardest 100 mile ride in North America.
- The “Masochistic Metric” – the Masochistic Metric is one-half the distance with one-half the climbing of the Diabolical Double at 63 miles and over 8400 feet of climbing. An extraordinary challenging ride itself, if you want to experience a true climbing epic, but 100 miles or 200K of it seems a bit excessive, then the Masochistic Metric is the ride for you.
- The “Fabulous 44” – The Fabulous 44 is an excellent option for anyone looking for a longer, more challenging ride than the “Garrett’s Greatest 25” and wants a taste of the extremity of the three longer rides, but does not want to undertake the extreme challenge of the 100K, 100 miles, or 200K distances. The Fabulous 44 includes 43.8 miles and over 5800 feet of climbing.
- The “Garrett’s Greatest 25” – A beautiful 25 mile ride along Deep Creek Lake and through the rolling Garrett County farmland, the Garrett’s Greatest 25 includes no major hills and none of the seven Timed KOM Climbs