The holidays might look a little different this year, but that doesn’t make them any less enjoyable! Whether you’re visiting the lake for a weekend away with family or live here year-round, there will still be plenty of options for activities, shopping, and holiday meals. We put together a list of restaurants offering specials and some of the can’t miss things to do this holiday season!
Dutch’s at Silver Tree is offering two unique and delicious Thanksgiving dinner options! All orders must be placed prior to 11/19.
- Turkey Dinner for 6 persons – $240 – Turkey, Ham, crab dip, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato rounds, sauerkraut, roasted vegetables, cranberry sauce, rolls, and one pie.
- Turkey Dinner for 2 persons – $100 – Turkey, Ham, crab dip, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato rounds, sauerkraut, roasted vegetables, cranberry sauce, rolls, and one pie.
Shop ’N Save McHenry is offering four delicious options! Ordered must be placed prior to 11/24.
- Turkey Dinner for 6-8 persons – $69.95 – includes a 10-12 lb turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy, and a pumpkin pie
- Turkey Dinner for 10-12 persons – $119 – includes a 14-16 lb turkey, stuffing, gravy, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls & butter, and a pumpkin pie
- Turkey Dinner for 14-16 persons – $139 – includes a 20-22 lb, stuffing, gravy, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls & Butter, and two pumpkin pies
- Ham dinner for 6-8 persons – $69.95 – includes a 6-8 lb ham, green beans, sweet potatoes, baked apples, and a pie
Arrowhead is offering a holiday meal, too! There will be limited availability and you should call ahead and place your order.
- Turkey Dinner for 6-8 persons – $99 – includes a whole turkey (or turkey breast or ham), green beans, cornbread stuffing, gravy, and baked apples.
Thanksgiving Day Meals
- The Cassleman Restaurant (Grantsville) will offer a modified buffet with their classic Thanksgiving dinner spread.
- Penn Alps (Grantsville) will be offering their usual Thanksgiving buffet, modified for safety and health precautions
Our area is home to so many wonderful local shops and speciality stores! As this time has been difficult for many small businesses, shopping local can go a long way. Most stores also offer gift card options. Stay tuned for special black friday or holiday sales at these local stores!
Lake Area Shopping
Bear Creek Traders – DCL merch, winter clothes, and everything in between
High Mountain Sports – Sporting goods and gear, Outdoor wear, and more
Cashmere Clothing Co. – Women’s clothing & fashion
Tourist Trap & Christmas Chalet – DCL merch, Christmas items
Oakland Area Shopping
Flipside Sounds – Record store
Book Mark’et – Book Store
Rudy’s – Women’s clothing & fashion
White Barn Boutique – Women’s clothing & fashion
Oakland Mercantile – A Wonderful Assortment!
Many Antique Stores!
Northern Area Shopping
New Germany State Park
Swallow Falls State Park
Deep Creek Lake State Park *mountain biking trails*
Fork Run Recreation *mountain biking trails*
Herrington Manor State Park
Garrett State Forest
Deep Creek Fun Zone *family fun
Funland *family fun
Deep Creek Axe Throwing
Garrett 8 Cinemas
At this time, there are no concrete scheduled, in-person events for the area. We will continue to update this as we hear more! So far, we only know of one annual event that has modified their program to maintain safety and holiday spirit!
Festival of Trees
The virtual version of Festival of Trees will still be just as fun and help get you in the holiday spirit! Tree designers can virtually enter their tree submissions through an application and photos to email@example.com. Designers entering will be judged for their decorations and winners will be announced. Submissions are due by November 27. You can find more information on their Facebook page! Festival of Trees is a wonderful annual holiday event that benefits The Dove Center, a local shelter for women and children. Usually the event features donated, wonderfully designed trees and decorations, that are then auctioned off for funds. If you’re like to donate to The Dove Center, you do so by visiting their website.