Deep Creek Lake attracts all types of people! From the “It’s 5 am, the fresh mountain air is calling our names, let’s get outside!” people, to the “It’s my vacation, honey take care of the kids, I’m staying in bed until you force me out” people. No matter which type of person you can relate to, one thing that all Deep Creek Lake guests look forward to while vacationing is getting to try the different kinds of food!
While there are many fantastic Deep Creek Lake restaurants to try out while visiting, some of the best vacation memories can be made from within the kitchen of your vacation rental home. There’s just something about a big, open kitchen that sets the perfect scene for a night of fun family cooking! And when staying with Railey Mountain Lake Vacations, the luxurious kitchen is right at your convenience, all you need is some delicious recipes to create!
Here are a few of our favorite recipes to try out this vacation. So what are you waiting for? Get out the mixing bowls and get cooking!
Do you desire a light meal with bold flavors? Try a vegetable pizza! Add or subtract toppings as you wish to meet the needs of your craving.
Ingredients: (Serves 8-12)
- 12 inch Boboli Thin Pizza Shell
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (I prefer light)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet of dry hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups finely chopped vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, green or red peppers, shredded red cabbage, carrots, cucumbers etc.)
- 1 cup finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Beat cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, mayonnaise and sour cream with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly across the Boboli crust until it reaches the edge. (Any remaining spread makes a great veggie dip!).
- Sprinkle the pizza with the chopped vegetables and then top with cheddar cheese. Pat everything down so it stays together.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (it tastes better the longer it sits).
- Cut into thin wedges or bars and serve!
Greek Pasta Salad
The classic pasta salad with a Greek twist! This savory salad recipe combines mouthwatering ingredients resulting in the most appetizing side dish.
Ingredients: (Serves 12)
- 3 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups cheese, cubed (I use feta, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, canned, drained
- 1 cup Greek salad dressing (I use Kraft)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 8 ounces greens (spring mix greens)
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain. Place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, mix lightly.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Green Smoothie Delight
Yummy with a side of rejuvenation! This delicious blend of fruits and vegetables make for the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack. Add in additional ingredients for an extra kick of flavor!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 1 banana
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled
- 1 orange, peeled
- 8 ounces spinach
- 1 cup water
- Peel and slice fruit.
- Blend in blender until reasonably smooth.
- If you find the granny smith and spinach are too tart add some maple syrup or sweetener to taste.
- A Golden Delicious apple can be substituted for the Granny Smith. (I prefer to use a Golden, myself).
- I used spinach (can be fresh or frozen) but arugula or kale would also work. The amount is approximate.
**These delicious recipes are courtesy of food.com**